I wish I had more time (and energy) to watch this video more then once. I will definitely try my best to watch it again soon. He definitely made me thinking about many things primarily about my teaching and challenges that I face with "95 and onwards generations". Coincidence or not but his talk about construction of identity, 4 C's and "Media by masses" came at the time when some of us from HS were trying to understand our year '95 generation - 9th graders and their construction of identity which is completely influenced by "Media by masses". I am impatiently waiting to see presentation of our 12th grade students research that they did on 9th graders and influence that internet and media has on construction of their identity and their reality.
I can see and feel that my students (MS students) are very open for collaborative production of their knowledge, I see them being very happy and inspired to learn by using many different Web 2.0 tools. This is something very natural to them, and I will do my best to prepare much more interesting curriculum for next year for them and follow their needs and facilitate their learning by using different tools and 4C's.
One challenge still remains - our '95 generation. How do we reconstruct their identity which is primarily constructed by games, celebrities and soap opera's?
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment